Feature: Start With Why by Simon Sinek
Start With Why is our feature today, written by the eternal optimist, teacher and author Simon Sinek. The two of us banter all about:
· How leadership is leadership- whether in a company or family.
· The real difference between holding power vs. INSPIRING.
· Why we should consider the ways our thoughts/perceived truths affect our behavior.
· The problem with the carrot-and-stick approach to life and parenting.
· Why loyalty matters.
· Simon’s Golden Rule - the WHY, HOW, WHAT of everything.
· Ways to explain the importance of our ethereal and intangible feelings and impulses.
· Why, as parents, we should be seeking ways to inspire hearts before minds.
· The ways in which charisma outshines energy.
· Why trust leads to passion for both us and our kids.
This episode is supported by Tradlands. High-quality, sustainably crafted essentials for women, inspired by classic menswear. Visit www.tradlands.com and enter code Upbringing15 for 15% off your purchase. Visit our Partners Page to learn more!
Perfect graphic titling by master pixel, image, type, and pottery master Mary of Making Type / @makingtype.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop! Watch our Empowerment Happy Hour Conversations on our Videos Page or on Youtube. Submit your Dear Upbringing challenges via email or DM. We want to hear your thoughts! We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.