THE HARD STUFF IS THE GOOD STUFF. That means the most challenging experiences we have with our kids aren’t actually obstacles to our goal for raising wonderful humans -- they have inherent meaning, value and reward!
In this episode we discuss:
· Why our children’s challenging behaviors make us so uncomfy
· The devilish ways our brains can fuck us over
· Our decision to choose a healthier form of denial about hard things
· How farm chores informed our approach to parenting
· The research that reinforced our naïve trust in the hard stuff
· How “leaning in” can hurt so good
· Hannah’s sliding doors mall meltdown moment
· The little trick to help our brains make big girl choices
· How accepting the “as-is” can turn the hard stuff into the real stuff
· The gist of our 12 Empowerments
· Why we’re only as close to a dream as we’re willing to get to its obstacle
· The leap of faith that is controlling less and trusting more
Let’s show up and grow up!
Watch our Dear Upbringing Happy Hour Conversations on our Videos Page or Youtube.
We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: email@example.com
Follow UpBringing on: